The Senior Garment Technologist supports the process for product development across the Madison Clothing and HUMP collections, ensuring products are to excellent standard: Fit is consistent, construction meets requirements and approved samples are ready for bulk manufacture.
• To provide construction and fabric performance expertise to the Design and Development team during the development cycle.
• Lead fit sessions for all development samples and bespoke pro-teamwear items. Address fit issues. Provide clear comments to the manufacturer.
• Collaborate with Design and Development on transforming initial garment designs into technical packs.
• Create size specifications from first garment designs to enable manufacturers to provide accurate garment costings. Responsible for maintaining Madison’s database of size specifications.
• Collaborate with the product development and production team to ensure that key deadlines are met within the established Critical Path
• Manage the testing and reporting program to ensure all products meet quality and legal standards.
• Build key competitor awareness to enable quality, fit and performance benchmarking.
• Proactively monitor, investigate and support the resolution of any quality issues.
Applicants should have a background in Sportswear; a technical degree or equivalent experience is a requirement. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong understanding of the cycle industry and functional garments; construction, materials, and manufacturing techniques.
The successful candidate will also need both an analytical and fastidious approach to product development; this will be applied to both new and existing products within a culture of continual improvement.
Other key skills include;
• Knowledge of a wide range of garments; 2L/3L garments, woven, knits, gloves and accessories.
• Good communicator, confident at building internal and external relationships.
• Ability to work efficiently and concurrently on multiple projects and tasks in a calm manner.
• Ability to work confidently with email, spreadsheets and office applications.
• To accurately measure garments with an exceptional eye for technical details.
• Passion for sports and design.
To apply please email CV with covering email and current salary details to: Deb.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Senior Garment Technologist’ in the subject header.
Please note that we usually receive a high volume of applications for our roles and we may only respond to successful candidates.