Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in the cycle sports industry? Madison Clothing are looking for an apparel designer to join their team in Milton Keynes.
Who are we?
We established in 1977 as a small bike shop in NW London…we are now one of the world’s leading distributors of cycle and action sports equipment. We represent category leading products and brands right across our portfolio.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an apparel designer who is excited to be part of a busy, small team which brings technical sports apparel to the hands of the everyday cyclist. Likely you have gained experience and an appetite for design and product commercialisation in a previous role within sports or technical apparel. You will be an Adobe whizz and with the support of the team, you will be capable of working on multiple projects concurrently, with the end goal to bring the best-quality, most-relevant and ride-ready gear to the UK’s growing cycle market.
About the Role
Reporting to the Design Manager, you will follow a design brief to create exciting new product for the Madison Clothing brand. You will support design workloads on Seasonal collections of technical apparel for Men’s, Women’s and Youth across Mountain bike, Road, Gravel and Urban cycle disciplines.
- Keep up to date with emerging fashion trends, fabrics and technologies relevant to the sports industry.
- Work closely and appreciate the roles of others in the Product Creation Team
- Understand design from a technical perspective,
- Ideate, visualise and communicate garments and technical solutions using Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Efficiently produce garment tech packs to a high standard of detail, scale and accuracy to ensure development samples are finished on time and to desired specifications.
- Provide accurate and detail drawings, along with reference articles to support development with source and selecting fabrics, trims, fastenings and embellishments from our suppliers.
- Update collection colour line plans on a regular basis to ensure visibility on the range to all team members.
- Support Development Team with communication to suppliers regarding sample development.
- Develop products alongside Garment Tech & Developer, from CAD through to SMS
- Have knowledge of measurement spec’s, grading, and how to accurately measure garments to improve fit and function.
- Assist in updating of tech packs in-line with agreed improvements and alterations to samples
- Attend meetings and and trade shows as and when required.
Qualifications and/or relevant experience
- BA (Hons) Degree in relevant design-led fashion course; or, recognized design course with strong portfolio of technical apparel work to support.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, with good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat.
- Good basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
What’s in it for you?
- Generous staff discount scheme
- Contributions to a Pension scheme
- Life cover
Important: Please read before applying
You must be able to travel domestically, internationally and work outside of regular office hours as and when required
To apply please forward CV’s and covering letter with a hyperlink to relevant portfolio work and state salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital PDF portfolios should be no greater than 10mb.
Please note due to the high volume of response we usually receive for our vacancies we will only contact you if you are selected for interview.
CLOSE DATE: 31st August 2020