Hot Rods have been making the best aftermarket crankshafts and connecting rods for over a decade with a dedicated staff who understand what racers and recreational riders want. At Hot Rods we race and ride ourselves, and want the best engineered product on the market that is both affordable and convenient.Crankshafts
• Hot Rods Crankshafts are sold complete with the original proven Hot Rods Connecting Rods, small end bearings, and crankshaft webs.
• Factory assembled and trued to OEM specifications, Hot Rods Cranks will meet or surpass the OEM in performance and durability.
• Hot Rods Cranks are complete and ready for installation.
• Crankshafts are completely re-buildable with genuine Hot Rods connecting rods. Connecting Rod Kits
• Hot Rods crank pins are manufactured from hot-rolled ASTM 4115 and case-hardened to 58-62 Rc.
• Hot Rods work directly with their bearing factory's engineering department to bring you the latest in caged needle roller bearing designs for high RPM.
• Uniquely designed big end uses strategically located side scalloping and vent slots to minimize high RPM bearing race distortion.
• Hot Rods are double forged to improve grain flow and maintain dimensional consistency. Furthermore, they're shot peened to eliminate surface stress risers and to smoothly blend the rod forging's radiuses together. Unlike hand ground and polished rods, shot-peening produces more consistent dimensioning and surface finish for superior strength under heavy loads.
• By shot-peening the connecting rod's surface, fatigue durability is improved two times over a forged rod, and over eight times when compared to a polished rod.
• Double honing produces an ultra-round (50 millionths) bearing surface, producing a reliable high RPM connecting rod.
• Small ends are double-drilled to supply extra lubrication and cooling to the wrist pin bearing, which is especially important when the piston crown is close to the wrist pin bearing. Stoker Cranks and Piston kits
Hot Rods are proud to introduce its stroker crankshaft line. We have developed six long-stroke applications for MX bikes and ATVs. These stroker kits use all the same technology as a regular stroke crank, but use an off-set pin and a short rod to eliminate the use of base plate spacers and custom cam chains; coined the ‘cheater’ mod because it is virtually undetectable from the outside of the motor, and as the old adage says, ‘there’s no replacement for displacement’.Click here to visit the Hot Rods international website
View All Hot Rods Products